What is personal information?
What personal information does Mobile Mechanic & Battery Solutions collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on your interaction with us. The types of personal information we collect and hold about you may include your
- Full name;
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- details of the products and services that you have acquired from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
We may collect other information about you whenever you interact with our Site including the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Site (such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information).
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site and in Mobile Mechanic & Battery Solutions place of business. You may visit our Site anonymously, but you may be required to identify yourself in certain circumstances (such as if you order a product or service via our Site). We may also collect information directly from you when you visit our stores, including when you complete orders or other forms, and during conversations between you and Mobile Mechanic & Battery Solutions representatives.
What happens if we can’t collect your information?
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to deliver any orders;
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Site to your preferences and your experience of our Site may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How we use collected information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it and for related purposes (where you would reasonably expect us to). We may collect and use your personal information for the following general purposes:
- to operate and improve our Site, including to provide you with access to protected areas of our Site and to assess the performance of our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to provide our products and services, including using the personal information that we collect online to fulfil your order(s);
- to communicate with you, including to answer your enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services, and to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of us and our related bodies corporate, franchisees, contractors or service providers; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Sharing your personal information
Depending on the dealings you have with us, we may disclose your personal information:
- to our employees, our contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our Site or our business, fulfilling orders and other requests made by you, and to otherwise receive services provided to us by third parties, including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct Marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list within a reasonable time.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Web browser cookies
Using other websites
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site and customer relationship software. We do this through a number of ways including:
- restricted access to personal information;
- using industry standard firewalls and security practices to protect personal information;
- using technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access to our network and databases; and
- internal policies in relation to the use of our computers and management of personal information.
However, as our Site is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information that you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information that you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Notifiable data breaches scheme
In the event of any loss or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How can you access and correct personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, you should contact us (see the details below) and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate the complaint and aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (in writing) at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site and providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this policy, any concerns or complaints regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us as follows:
Attn: Office Manager
Mobile Mechanic & Battery Solutions
97 Bridges Road,
Morayfield QLD 4506
Tel: 0488 492 887
This document was last updated on 4 February 2021.